Saturday, June 6, 2009

Part of That World

In the midst of Packing Hell came true inspiration:




And below, you can find the lyrics, so that, in the truest spirit of Mr. Chris' Sing-Along Vlog, you can sing along:

(I don't know, Buddy. Maybe Mom's right. Maybe there is something the matter with me.
But I just don't see how a country that makes such cheap things could be bad.)

Look at this shit.
It's not even neat.
Wouldn't you think my packing is complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the guy,
The guy who's packed everything?

Look in this here:
T-shirts galore.
You'd never think I could fit anymore.
Looking around here you think:
Damn, he's packed everything.

I've got jackets and beanies a-plenty.
I've got hoodies and jean shorts galore.
You want Chinese textbooks?
I've got like twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal:
There's still more...

I wanna be where my students are.
I wanna hear, wanna hear their questions,
Help them learn for the – what do you call it?
Oh – test.

Using my brawn, I won't get too far.
Brains are required for teaching, striving,
Helping my students – what did I just say?
Mine.

It's where they live, it's where they learn,
Now it's the place for where I do yearn.
Travelin' free – can't wait to be
Part of that world.

What I will give that I can live out of this country.
What I will pay so I to say I saw this world.
Bet'cha over there, they won't care
If I'm just a bit of a shit show:
A young Yale man ready to can
His disbelieve.

And ready to know what those people know
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers:
Where's the restroom and why do you - what's the word?
Squat?

Now it's my turn,
I get to learn, see and explore that world that I yearn.
Across the sea,
I get to be
Part of that world.

-cy

9 comments:

  1. p.s. my friend from high school, named chris, had a dog, named buddy, of that exact same breed. you're freakin me out man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I smell a tony. Quite a nice voice, too. Keep em coming.
    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I realized how good of a voice you had. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought tears to my eyes. The jury's out between "mirth" and "pain."

    In other news, nice singing voice. I eagerly await more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it.
    1. You have actually included an ode to Jorts.
    2. Your dog winked.
    3. The camera angle in the first part makes you look a little like Rich from fourfour. This is a good thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. There are no words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD, chris. How much time did this take?!!? Very nice. Also, shave much? ;)

    ReplyDelete